Associate Director SI, HSS, (Abuja-1 position) CODE: SI-01
As the local capacity development specialist, the successful candidate will coordinate and guide the overall Monitoring strategy and implementation of related activities within the project and via partners, plus providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders (GoN, HHS/CDC, FMoH etc.) for decision making.
The Associate Director SI, HSS will:
- ensures close communication with all involved in design and coordination of monitoring tools: core project and partner Monitoring staff; representatives from the steering committee or similar unit; representatives from other stakeholder groups (GoN, Funding Partners, FMoH etc.); Participate and represent the organization in GoN Monitoring activities, TWG meetings etc.
- set up Monitoring systems in line with laid down GoN and partners expectations and ensuring it is implemented effectively by the key stakeholders.
- support by facilitating stakeholders to value, have appropriate capacities for and undertake their own Monitoring activities and conduct overall assessment of project progress and needed actions.
- ensure quality of data and prompt reporting of Monitoring activities to relevant bodies. In addition, incumbent shall participate in trainings, capacity development and community related activities.
- work with the program coordinator to provide technical leadership in the planning, implementation and monitoring of health systems initiatives related to the project.
- provide strategic, technical, resource and administrative leadership for the management and coordination of the health systems strengthening and local capacity development components of the project.
- Work in collaboration with ministry of health and other partners to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems at LGA level according to the national plans and strategies.
- develop and implement framework for capacity development for the different departments in the design and implementation of evidence based health systems policies and practices related to their technical programs and units.
- be responsible for strengthening organizational, technical and financial management functions of community and faith based organizations to effectively deliver their services.
- train junior workers and perform any other assignment as may be given from time to time.
- and in any other activities as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- BSc or B-Tech Degree a Bachelor Degree in any field, preferably a numerical field. Must have an advance degree in Statistic, Population Studies, Social Science or MPH (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in database administration and data management, Strong practical experience in Database design.
- Good judgment and leadership qualities with a good mix of tactical and operational expertise across all major aspects of database management.