Associate Director Clinical care (Abuja 1-position) Code CC 01
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and ensure effective implementation of clinical care program in the public health project. The Associate Director, Clinical Care will be responsible for coordinating implementation of comprehensive HIV care and treatment services including paediatric care, ART, Maternal & Neo-natal Child Health, including EMTCT as well as Quality Improvement. S/he will oversee the activities of the EMTCT, Clinical services, Medical Logistics and the Laboratory services.
The Associate Director Clinical care will:
- provide technical direction to technical teams and implementing partners and other agencies in the implementation of comprehensive HIV care and treatment program, including pediatric care, ART, EMTCT, TB, Medical logistics and Laboratory services
- provide direction in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HTS program
- prepare annual work plans, budgets and reports for clinical services.
- analyses data and technical assessment findings for decision making
- monitor the achievements of set targets for clinical services.
- establish and maintain good working relationships with partners at all levels and other partners to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program at all levels.
- maintain smooth regular information flow with partners, staff and facility staff on technical issues.
- perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Medical doctor with a Master’s degree in Public Health or another related degree.
- Working experience of at least 7-9 years and at least 4 years treating patients with HIV/AIDS.
- HIV/AIDS/RH program management experience, including supervising staff.
- Experience in the providing care and treatment and use of ARV drugs.
- Familiarity with decentralized public health systems. Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suit
- Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage projects, set priorities and plan for the successful implementation of programs