Associate Director, Finance and Admin (Abuja 1-position) code FA 01
The successful candidate will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the chief executive officer (CEO). S/he will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, budgeting, human resources, and general office administration.
Associate Director, Finance and Admin will:
- track the accounting, finance and administration components of the program, including the various petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting and administrative activities
- be responsible for budget preparation, expenditure monitoring (review and analysis) and control in compliance with donor’s financial/programmatic reporting requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- support in developing, implementing and reviewing appropriate systems that provide for funds accountability and accurate charging against appropriate grants budget.
- participate in providing financial report for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments by working closely with technical teams to obtain inputs and draft audit responses for approval by Director and ensure implementation of agreed corrective actions.
- ensure quality of operational support to the organization’s projects and programmes according to the organization’s standards
- assist in any other job as assigned by relevant superiors in related activities
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree.
- 8+ years in Finance Management experience preferably in an international development organization.
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulation including HSS grant policy, GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) with strong financial accounting, modeling and analytic skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of information to management.
- Demonstrated knowledge to oversee two or more shared services functions: Finance, Administration, Contracts and grants, budgeting and Human resources.