Senior Program Manager Accounts and Compliance (Abuja 1-postion) Code FA 03
The successful candidate will ensure that the organization is carrying out the project in full compliance with all National and International laws and regulation. S/he would with other team members to manage risk, maintain the organization’s reputation and avoid law suits.
The Senior Program Manager Accounts and Compliance will:
- communicate compliance related issues to employees across all the division of the organization, supported sites and other partners.
- keep and maintain all the accounts records in soft as well as in hard form.
- be responsible to deal with all the accounts of the organization and settles all matter of banks.
- be responsible to maintain ledger books for regional office and main office.
- make sure verification of all the accounts record before auditory process.
- be responsible to submit the financial report to the finance manager for compilation, review and onwards submission to the donor.
- make sure all the records / accounts / financial transactions are booked before the audit commencement.
- ensure that the organization maintain the integrity of all operations/ transactions and activities through the development, implementation and monitoring of risk management and internal control framework (systems, structures, policies and procedures).
- lead the formulation and articulation of the organization’s Risk Management philosophy, emphasizing the risk tolerance levels/stance/donor regulations/requirements and threshold points for various elements of risk.
- be responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Compliance unit, to achieve objectives consistent with corporate strategy and goals.
- provide periodic independent assessments of the integrity of business processes as well as levels of compliance with laid down procedures and controls.
- Finally, using initial and interim assessments of compliance and audit status, prepare what is required to achieve a satisfactory level of compliance and coordinate periodic field visits to ensure timely implementation.
- assist in any other job as assigned by relevant superiors in related activities
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent. CPA. ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is a requirement.
- At least six years’ post NYSC experience and professional qualification experience in budgeting, financial management and finance, preferably with at least 3 years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID funded project.
- Working knowledge of GAAPS. USG rules and regulation including HSS grant policy, modeling and analytic skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of information to management.
- Strong sense of natural curiosity to study a problem and identify root causes, make logical connections/conclusions from scattered data.
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities and Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments.