Program Manager Human Resources (Abuja 1- position) Code FA 04
The successful candidate will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The Program Manager Human Resources will:
- ensure open, transparent and effective recruitment processes ensuring adherence to DRC policies;
- prepare advertisements for vacant positions and placement in relevant media;
- assist in shortlisting process of job applications;
- schedule, organise and participate in interviews;
- conduct reference checks for successful candidates;
- coordinate the settling of new staff through liaison with the Administration team;
- maintain full documentation of the recruitment process and update the recruitment tracking sheet on weekly basis.
- resourcing for international/regional roles and supporting countries in the recruitment process.
- support in recruitment and contracting of consultants.
- prepare staff contracts
- monitor staff contract’s expiry dates and liaise with relevant managers for action;
- monitor probation reviews; ensure probation objectives are set for new employees and probation reviews are completed on timely basis.
- maintain personnel files ensuring completeness and adherence to highest level of confidentiality;
- maintain the HR Staff list database of employee information and maintain quarterly API reports;
- maintain leave schedules, updating and computing leave balances on weekly basis;
- maintain timesheets, tracking and updating on monthly basis
- processing of work permits for international staff ensuring international staff has valid work documentation.
- provide assistance to staff and supervisors on HR issues.
- actively participate in departmental plans and activities;
- carry out any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time for smooth operation of the HR department;
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- A university degree in Human Resources, Administration or any of the social sciences is required. MBA preferred.
- Postgraduate degree and Professional HR trainings will be an added advantage, at least 2 to 5 years relevant experience in managing Human Resources program in a similar position is required.
- Sound knowledge and understanding in the areas of Human Resources management and general office administration is required.
- Good knowledge of HR Information System is required.