Office Support (Abuja 2-positions) Code FA 07
The Office Support staff will:
- provide efficient and effective cleaning support to the , including ensuring that the security and general appearance of the building and surroundings are maintained in accordance with the required standard.
- undertake the following duties as directed by the Admin Manager using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification and safe working procedures.
- emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points
- sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops
- mopping floors with wet or damp mops
- using electronically powered scrubbing / polishing / vacuuming machines to scrub, polish, spray and clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training)
- dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments
- replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- cleaning toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks
- using chemical agents as directed by the Caretaker in the discharge of cleaning operation or maintenance procedures (after receiving proper instruction and training)
- undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes
- keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the Admin Manger of low stock levels (eg. cleaning products)
- carry out routine administrative tasks required from time to time e.g. checking off cleaning tasks on daily cleaning specification sheets Operate relevant equipment safely
- maintain tidy and organized work spaces and storage areas
- check equipment / machinery used and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training / skill parameters
- run office errands and may double as the front desk officer
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A minimum of SSCE is required, at least 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, good organization skills.