Director Community Care/Business/Capacity Development (Abuja I –position) code CC 01
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and ensure overall management of the overall portfolio. S/he would represent the organization in national and international conference.
The Director Community Care/Business/Capacity Development will:
- Provides strategic leadership to the community services and HIV prevention portfolio
- Provides technical leadership to the community services team to implement quality evidence based interventions
- Mentors the community services and HIV prevention team to support implementing partners and other agencies in design and implementation of quality community HIV prevention, care and treatment programs
- Leads the provision of technical assistance to community HIV prevention, care and treatment, health communication strategies, messages and materials
- Prepares annual work plans, budgets, quarterly reports for activities related community services
- Collaborates closely with other technical teams to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound
- Liaises with stakeholders in community services including relevant government departments
- Analyses data and technical assessment findings for decision making
- Represent the project at professional meetings and conferences.
- and in any other task as assigned by the supervisor
In addition, the incumbent will coordinate all the training activities within and outside the organisation, identity training opportunities and cross-sell all the organisation’s training portfolio to target audience.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Master’s in Public Health, MA or MS in Social Sciences or related advanced degree with 8-10 years' relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret local, state, and federal regulations and policies governing the administration of HIV services, including HIV/STD testing and HIV case management programs in Nigeria.
- Be sensitive to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding health, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, Malaria and TB,
- Experience in managing budgets, project planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience working with multi-cultural communities will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a similar position in a PEPFAR funded program will be an added advantage.