Senior Program Manager/Clinical Associate, Community Care (Abuja 1-Position) code: CC 02
The successful candidate will report to the Director, Community care and work with other team member to ensure that the Unit’s targets are met and exceeded.
The Senior Program Manager/Clinical Associate Community Care will:
- provide technical supervision related to HTC/Prevention services and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- work with other thematic areas to coordinate Gender Based Violence (GBV) activities in all supported facilities.
- coordinate all OVC/C&S services in all supported facilities.
- coordinate the design and implementation of components related HTC and prevention services in the organization’s supported facilities.
- ensure quality HTS delivery, design and implementation, achievement of results, and collaborates with other thematic areas to ensure effective teamwork.
- provide mentoring and supervision of health care workers, subordinates, interns, volunteers and other partners.
- establish strong linkages and referral systems for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- lead the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling and Prevention training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities.
- strengthen/initiate quality assurance (QA) for facility-based, mobile, and community based outreach HTS, in collaboration with the MOH and other institutions.
- and in any other task as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Advanced degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medical Sciences, or Public health.
- Knowledge of public health information, education, and communications methodology in an African development context.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least two years working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Ability to interpret strategies, analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining close counterpart relationships, both governmental and in partner sites and communities.