Program Manager Communication (Abuja – 1 position) CODE ICT 02
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Program Manager, ICT.
The Communications Manager will conceptualise, plan and implement the organisation’s internal and external communications. Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager ICT, the Communication Officer is in charge of all communication activities (including the mailing list, website, newsletter, alumni network, and other related activities).
The Program Manager Communication will:
- be responsible for THE ORGANIZATION public relation activities, and act as a brand manager for the organization.
- coordinate media and public affairs activities to promote the organization.
- manage the monitoring of media and current affairs development across a wide range of media outlets.
- accurately and timely preparation of documents with regards to every activity concerning the organization, coordinate the preparation of web copies for website development, handles incoming requests for information from media outlets and regularly update the organizational website including company blog.
- communication Specialist compiles reports of meetings, activities, and monthly, quarterly, and other program related reports.
- work to support executive office., ensure the visibility of the organization in other relevant Social media – existing and yet to be launched and also ensure active website.
- be accountable for Empowered African Digest, monthly reports and other news information of the organization.
- train junior workers and
- perform any other assignment as may be given from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or any related field. Higher degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in public relations, communications and/or advocacy with a multilateral or international organization, is required.
- Experience using multi-media, social networking in PEPFAR Funded program is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Standard office ICT skills, including social media