Senior Program Manager/Clinical Associate (EMTCT) (Abuja 1-position) Code EU 04
The successful candidate will manage and coordinate the EMTCT port folio
Senior Clinical Associate, EMTCT will;
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around HIV prevention with particular focus on integrating EMTCT into maternal and child health.
- The jobholder will provide medical and technical expertise and training for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment efforts including antiretroviral prophylaxis implementation in EMTCT.
- This will include scale up of the provision of combination ARV regimens and antiretroviral treatment (as appropriate) as prophylaxis.
- The role will include strengthening linkages and integration between sexual and reproductive health (SRH), Maternal New-born and Child Health (MNCH) services and HIV/AIDS programs;
- Develop all necessary SOP and Job AIDs for the EMTCT unit and ensure its distribution to sites.
- Provide mentoring and Supportive Supervision to staff at the organization Supported sites to ensure smooth running and implementation of EMTCT program according to National guidelines
- responsible for all EMTCT weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Represent the organization at National and State TWGs and other meetings involving GON, partners and other stakeholders.
- Train junior workers (capacity building) and
- perform any other assignment as may be given from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medicine, or Public Health.
- At least 6 years’ clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment Experience in providing EMTCT services.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment; knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS and EMTCT
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Must have good knowledge of HIV prevention and management.
- Must have good knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Must have good knowledge of Maternal, Newborn and child Health.
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel, power point or applicable software related to position
- Project management skills is desirable