Program Manager/Clinical Associate (EMTCT) (Abuja 1-position) Code EU 05
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Clinical Associate EMTCT. S/he will work with other team member to ensure the targets and objectives of the unit are met and exceeded.
Program Manager/Clinical Associate, EMTCT will;
- develop linkage systems with EMTCT to ensure all live births of HIV infected mothers are enrolled into exposed infant care and follow up.
- support the facility care team to surpass facility target by aligning facility team goals, roles and responsibilities and provide ongoing mentoring and hands on supervision to site clinician on EMTCT collaborative activities.
- ensure that pregnant women are tested, those found reactive are placed on prophylaxis, receive adequate infant nutrition education and supported to make informed decisions concerning Option B+.
- enhance appropriate diagnosis and staging of all HIV positive pregnant women, ensure their treatment and monitoring and ensure access to CD4 count and other baseline investigations
- collaborate with sites to ensure PITC (Provider initiated Testing and Counselling) at all Maternal and Child Health service delivery sites including ANC, Labor ward, immunization clinics and family planning Clinics,
- work to ensure EID for all reactive infants.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A university Degree in Medicine or Nursing/Midwifery is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical practice, working in a EMTCT Service delivery point and preferably in a PEPFAR funded Program.
- Prior experience in community mobilization projects desirable.