Program Officer (EMTCT) (Abuja 2-position) Code EU 06
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Clinical Associate EMTCT, will work with other team members to ensure that the objectives of the unit are met.
Program Officer, EMTCT will;
- work to ensure that pregnant women are tested, those found reactive are placed on prophylaxis, receive adequate infant nutrition education and supported to make informed decisions concerning Option B + in all the organization supported sites including feeder sites
- collaborate with sites to ensure PITC (Provider initiated Testing and Counselling) at all Maternal and Child Health service delivery point including ANC, Labor ward, immunization clinics and family planning Clinics.
- work to ensure EID for all reactive infants as at when due. Conduct EMTCT site support activities including documented mentoring/supervisory visits.
- work alongside Staff in designated the organization supported sites. Facilitate referral of all Mother – Infant pairs to Comprehensive sites at 6 months post-partum.
- support data capturing in National tools domiciled in the facilities.
- train junior workers and
- perform any other assignment as may be given from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A university degree in Public Health, Biological Sciences, and Medical Sciences is required. A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a EMTCT Service delivery point and preferably in a PEPFAR funded Program. Prior experience in community mobilization projects desirable.
- Must have good knowledge of HIV prevention, treatment and RH services.