Chief Executive Officer:( Abuja -1 position) code EXO 1:
The Successful candidate is responsible for leading the development and execution of the organization’s long-term strategy and policies with a view to creating stakeholder value. S/he’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the organization’s long and short-term plans. The CEO acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the organization and communicates to the Board on behalf of management. The CEO also communicates on behalf of the organization to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public. S/he reports to the board of directors and will be the primary Point of Contact (PoC) of the organization. Will lead the project team, provide overall leadership and give direction to the project.
The Chief Executive Officer will:
- lead, in conjunction with the Board, the development of the organization’s strategy;
- lead and oversee the implementation of the organization’s long and short-term plans in accordance with its strategy;
- ensure the organization is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy;
- ensure that expenditures of the organization are within the authorized annual budget;
- assess the principal risks of the organization and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
- ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
- ensure that the organization has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically;
- ensure that the organization maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business;
- act as a liaison between management and the Board;
- communicate effectively with shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public;
- keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the organization and all material external factors affecting the Company and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the CEO and management of the organization are adequately informed;
- ensure that the Directors are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable the Directors to form appropriate judgments;
- ensure the integrity of all public disclosure by the organization;
- concert with the Chairman, to develop Board agendas;
- request that special meetings of the Board be called when appropriate;
- concert with the Chairman, to determine the date, time and location of the annual meeting of shareholders and to develop the agenda for the meeting;
- sit on committees of the Board where appropriate as determined by the Board; and
- abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A bachelor’s degree with a postgraduate qualification/MSc in Business Administration, Public Health, HIV/AIDS, Rural development, or related courses.
- More than 10 years cogent experience managing projects with national scope, budgets over $1m, and direct management of at least 10 people.
- Speaking/Reading/Writing English Language (Level IV) is required.
- Experience managing donor-funded project preferred. Previous PEPFAR experience is a must.
- Candidates should also have experience in organizational development and capacity building of local NGOs