Special Assistant, Drugs/Medical Services (Abuja- 1 position) code: EXO 7
The successful candidate will provide an exceptional Outpatient Pharmacy counter service to all patients, staff and health care professionals. To coordinate front counter service, identifying customer needs and offering appropriate advice on over the counter medicines. As a front-line member of the team this role will ensure all customers are well received and dealt with appropriately. To collect data for audit purposes and act as a service ambassador. To support the Technical function of the Pharmacy Department and provide a cashier function.
The Special Assistant will;
- Check for expired medications
- Notify the pharmacist when stock is low
- Take in and handle out prescriptions
- Dispense prescriptions
- Use store’s computer systems to generate label and stock lists
- Help in maintaining reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Order items for use within and outside department
- Receive, load and unload incoming goods from manufacturers, wholesalers and elsewhere
- Deliver pharmaceuticals goods to sites within a pharmacy department and clinical areas/wards/departments
- Sell over the counter medicines
- Answer queries on the availability and supply of medicines
- Respond to face to face and telephone enquiries of a routine nature from members of the public, patients, their representatives and a wide range of staff groups
- Pre-pack, assemble and label medicines
- Create and maintain patient profiles
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Manage the cash register.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy sciences and must be a registered pharmacist
- Prior experience in similar capacity will be an added advantage
- Good customer relation
- Must be computer literate.