Program Officer Researches, (Abuja-1 positions) CODE: SI-04
The successful candidate will be responsible for the designing and development of research study concept notes and methodologies Design, coordinate and conduct research studies that are relevant to or commissioned by the project.
Program Officers Researches will:
- contribute to the development of program evaluation design, plans for the project or as required by the donor.
- develop from research study reports sound technical briefs premeditated to influence shifts in policy, practice and strategic shifts in the area of HIV/AIDS intervention programs.
- contribute to the evolution of newer and locally sustainable strategies and approaches in HIV/AIDS programme.
- provide technical and managerial oversight to all research and evaluation study processes as well as consultants’ performance (when required).
- conduct extensive online literature search and reviews in support of scientific journals, conference abstract and project presentations as well as other knowledge management products.
- assist with project’s MERL activities as assigned by the supervisor;
- keep abreast of developments around research and evaluation approaches to ensure the application in appropriate CDS’ research and evaluation methods.
- present academic and research papers at conferences both at national and international level.
- assist in any other job as assigned by relevant superiors in related activities
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A minimum of five years combined work experience with national and international NGOs with hands-on expertise in empirical research, quantitative and qualitative data analysis and research writing will be given preference and/ or
- Background in research writing, emerging technologies and methodologies for research would also be highly desirable.
- Applicants with more than 3 years of experience in the field of public health research with evidence of numerous research and scientific publications to their credits may be considered.